Thursday, July 31, 2008

From the court house to sizzler...

My company is going through an audit from the EDD because all of the drivers that we utilize are independent contractors, not employees - and the EDD WANTS them to be employee's so they can get more money. Anyway - my position in the company makes me the #1 choice to be a witness ( other than the owner ) to show the day to day interaction of the company ( me ) with the Independent Contractors.... so lucky me, I got to testify. This could cost the company millions if we lose and the EDD's main witness is a guy that is trying to extort money from us and told me he was doing so. ( which made me VERY upset and caused me to lose my composure last year... yes this is being discussed in the case - nice. )


Anyway, enough about that - yesterday was my day. Tuesday night I was supposed to drive down to LA to get "prepped" so I waited at my office until 5:00 to be told where to go. ( I normally leave at 3:30 ) At 5:00 they decided they would prep me tomorrow and to just be there at noon to be prepped during lunch. Ok fine. At least I didn't have to drive to LA in traffic right? I get into work the next morning and they tell me to get there at 11:00 a.m. now. Ok fine- hopefully that means I'll be done early enough to miss the return traffic.


Well, I get there at 11:00 with all these urgent documents they forgot - and guess what I ended up doing.......? Staring at a room with NO judge, lawyers, or witnesses for AN HOUR.
This is the lovely room. Strangely though, I looked around and wondered what it was I was experiencing - and you know what? It was silence. It's true, there is something called silence. I recommend it to everyone... I've heard of it, but now I can tell you I've lived it for almost a whole hour!!!!!! Of course, I was busy texting Becky to make the time go by faster too. I would have fallen asleep if I didn't.




Add in a judge, a computer, a high tech speaker recorder, 4 lawyers, and my 2 bosses, and that was my testifying. I didn't enjoy it and I'm glad it's over. They said I did perfect, and to that I replied, thank you for lying because even if I didn't I can't change it now!!! I gave myself a headache from the whole experience and went home to take a nap.


Now that that was over, nap included, I picked up the kids - and let me just say... Jack is by far the worst terrible 2 that we have had. It's remarkable the screaming and frustration that comes out of that child. Maybe I'm just not used to it with him, and Kade was actually worse, but I think I've become accustomed to Kade being naughty. ??? Anyway - before I lost my mind, I grabbed up Kade and Kyla with the intention of going to some low key place to grab some dinner and let Jack be with Robert for awhile. Well that turned into picking up my parents and going to Sizzler. ( Dad's choice ) It turned out to be a great idea because the kids were fascinated with getting to go back as many times as they wanted and to keep changing their mind with the choices. I think Kade must have eating 20 strawberry's...

Kyla though eats just like her mom -





She had lost of different things, then she thought she was done, so she got an ice-cream cone. Well, a few minutes in she realized that hmmmmmm that vegetable soup sure looks good and heaven forbid she pass it up - so she went back and forth between her ice-cream cone and the soup. I'm happy to say as well that earlier in the week, when I couldn't lay with her, she got up and got my blanket ( yes I sleep with a blanket.. it fills in the spaces in my neck and belly to get me cozy ) and slept with it. She told me in the morning she did it so she could pretend it was me ( which is EXACTLY what I do when she spends the night with my mom. Awwwhhhh.

By the way - I got some GREAT sleep last night. I fell asleep putting Jack to sleep and I guess he got out and ended up sleeping with Robert and Kade in my bed, and I got his bed to myself all night long!

1 comment:

Jeana said...

I hope the court issues end SOON! Glad you got a good night sleep:)