We had a nice weekend - I hardly did anything. It was very mellow, and I don't think I had anywhere make-up worthy even one time this weekend!!! I didn't worry about cleaning, or laundry or any of those wifely type things~ Of course those things got done, but not in the "I'm on a time-line" sort of way. Know what I mean?
Friday night, it was quite sweet - At about 7:00 Kade said he wanted to go to Meme and Papa's house as usual. When I told him that Meme wasn't there he said: "that's ok, Papa is, I want to just play with Papa with no other kids there." So I took him over there to play with Papa. He said he wanted to spend the night "just him" so that was the intention. My dad was so excited actually ( I told him I was just playing into the game, and he could call me in 15 minutes and I would come back and pick him up ) My dad was determined he would stay. Well - 8:50 rolls around and my dad calls to tell me to come and pick him up. He wasn't freaking out or anything but he was adamant about going home. He fell asleep 5 minutes after we got home.
It must have been Papa's night, because when Jack was fighting his sleep and getting mad at me for putting him to bed, he was screaming out in this poor me, whining, drawn out dramatic voice: "paaaahh-paaaahh" I called my dad and asked what in the world he did to brainwash my sons? ( I thought it was adorable to be honest! )
Jack by the way is repeating everything. I wish I could describe how this makes me feel. I'm so happy and proud of him. He's getting so big so fast. Now I want it to slow down a little so he'll stay my baby. ( only part of the time of course... the bigger part of the time I want him potty trained and speaking in full sentences ) He's really coming into his own and has no idea that he's not the same age as Kyla or Kade. It was the cutest thing to see him and Kade and Robert in their flip flops piling into Robert's truck together to go to the store. My men.
You know how Kyla is addicted to writing letters, well I asked her if she would still love me when she is 15, and she said of course mom. She's also fascinated by being 15 for some reason. Uh - no thank you. Anyway - I got her to write me and Robert a letter that says: "Mom and Dad, I will love you when I'm 15. Love Kyla." I sealed it and put it away to open on 5/23/2019. WOW that's a long time away.
Couple more things:
*DO NOT take your kids to see that Wall-E movie, or whatever it's called. Absolutely not worth the money. Rent it, to make your own decision, but definitely don't spend money on it. Ridiculous movie experience ( we sat in the 1st row and my 2 kids took a nap ) Fun stuff.
*Kade now has 4 freckles. We make a big deal about Kyla's freckles because I want her to love them so we "count" them. ( She has 81 by the way (o; ) Kade was unbelievably excited to have freckles - they are all on his arms, and he has declared: "Yeay, I'm big now!" and ran to show Kyla. How cute is that?
*I love my sleeping kids. Robert and I stood in the boys doorway last night for several minutes just admiring our "work" lol. They were sleeping the same way in their same beds looking just gorgeous and sweet and soft and kissable... and my heart skipped a beat I think. Then we moved on to Kyla's room and did the same thing - we brushed her hair off of her pretty face and kissed her so much she almost woke up and I think we almost wanted her to so we could hear her voice one more time that day.
2 comments:
I love Ruby's freckles... did Kyla have an issue with hers at first? Ruby would never even notice them.
We saw, or attempted to see WallE to, horrible. I vow to never take Taylor to see a movie again until she is 5...on top of that, there were no words in the movie for the first 45 minutes!!!
Post a Comment