Monday, July 7, 2008

This sums up how I feel about life right now.

Am I the only one that goes through times of just not wanting to do it anymore? I'm done. I need to rest and I need a break. I don't want to be a mom or a wife or a housekeeper, or a referee, or a daughter or an employee, or a cook, or a presentable female... nothing. A vacation wont fix it, a week's worth of sleep wont fix it - only time will fix it and I'm tired of waiting. I feel like I am failing. The kids really did me in this weekend. There were moments of laughter of which I will post pictures of shortly - but it was not the majority and I'm tired of it all. Sorry for putting anyone that bothers to read my blog through this low point of Kyla, but to explain the multitude of my weekend, I thought this would be the best way. Add in 2 other kids and their variations of extreme behavior but it was pretty constant.

6 comments:

Jeana said...

Oh, Shannon... we all go through these times. This is the most challenging period of your life. If it makes you feel better, Ruby was ROTTEN at Kim's on the fourth:)... that's why I didn't get to eat the cake!

Cathy O said...

Is it bad that I'm laughing right now? Sorry Shannon, it surely does build up sometimes doesn't it? Focus on the fun parts, I'm waiting for those pictures!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, we have all been there--not that it makes it easier to deal with. I feel your pain...

Bill and Paige said...

I've been there!! It's no fun:(

Kelly said...

I know what you mean and I don't even have kids. I can't imagine going through it with 3

Four Flights said...

Shan,

I have a very similar video that I will post tonight. I wanted to lose it! We must have been on the same wave length thinking of recording the tantrum, and our daughters must have been on the same hormonal imbalance this past weekend!