We had a great weekend!
Friday night while I got the kids pizza and while Robert was waiting for our Sushi to be prepared, he walked next door and bought Kade a skateboard~ this one little event was going to affect my whole weekend..........
( Side note: My mom DID keep my kids on Friday night, it was funny how it happened, and I'm being completely honest when I say that I had moved on from the thought and actually wanted my kids to stay home... but my mom kept all 4 grandkids and Robert and I had a great night alone (o: I drank an entire bottle of wine and ate junk food - so I didn't feel all that good the next morning, but a quick 8 a.m. drive through Carls Jr. for french fries and a Famous Star, and all was well! They changed their fries by the way - I do NOT like them now )
Here is how the above skateboard purchase changed the weekend;
Saturday morning me and mom took Aiden, Kyla and Jack to the Pirate Park in Bellflower. This was the first outing that Kade didn't want to go to. He wanted to stay home with his skateboard (and his Daddy.) Fine with me, I'm always good with 2 instead of 3 when we are away from the house!
The kids on top of the big "skull cave"
Jack in the big pirate ship
Then all 4 kids came back with me to our house to play while TJ was at work. Kade was not in the most sharing mood with his new skateboard and it pretty much took threatening to take it away for Aiden and Kyla to get to ride it to the gate and back. Kade & Kyla lay on their tummy when they are outside, Aiden can ride it standing up... when they are on the carpet or the grass though - you should see the "tricks!" LOL After Aiden got picked up, I managed to get the kids down for a long nap ( me and Robert included ) and the only way I could get Kade to sleep was to let him put his skateboard on his bed and sleep with it.
Does this look like a good thing to cuddle with to you?
He was especially proud of this "boo-boo" because it happened from doing a skateboard trick.
After naps we got ready to go to Taylor's 2nd birthday party! Even after the nap with the skateboard Kade was unwilling to leave it. ( there is no way I would have subjected Kim's guests to his dramatic lack of sharing by bringing it either ) Despite talks of a jumper/slide, party bags, and Brady and Trevor being there - he still didn't want to go. Again - no problem for me.. my Jackie never gets to go to parties so I brought him instead. ( Let me just say that he did pretty good, but had a few breakdowns - not to mention fall downs - I felt all eyes on my quite often... and not in a "ahhh he's so cute" kind of way, lol ) Kade missed out on some yummy food and cupcakes. I don't think I've ever heard such a lively rendition of "Happy Birthday" Everyone in attendance gathered in Kim & Don's kitchen to sing to Taylor! She was so proud. Jack was enthralled with the singing and it must have caught on, because he sang it all night last night ( until 10:20 p.m.... but I digress)
This was tame... she actually had it covering her entire face a few seconds later!!! ( I'm still laughing now as I type this - she LOVED it!!!! )
See what you missed Kade? ( Jack was fascinated by Brian all day! ) I was surprised that Kyla and Jack didn't follow around the 2 police officers that stopped by complete in uniform, etc..
Kyla giving Jack a ride on Trevors tricycle
Well after too many arguments between Kyla and Kade about the skateboard we decided on Sunday morning to to go see if we could get a cheap one from Target for Kyla and actually ended up buying them both a new cheap one and wouldn't you know it, now that they had the same "new ones" Kade after all that insistence that the skateboard was "HIS" he willingly gave it up to Jack - who then carried it around all day and found various places inside and out that had slight slants to the ground to push himself back and forth. I guess all worked out for the best!! ( Oh, and now Kade's smaller skateboard fits on top of his headboard so it's still close by! )
This is how my weekend ended! I love me some baby butts!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
You're kids were great!!! Is Jack's head ok? It was nice chatting with you and catching up on everything. p.s. I love baby butts, too:)
Very funny and entertaining. That last pic is a classic - they are going to love it when you bust it out at their weddings!!
all 3 with skateboards now huh? Shannon you are such a brave woman! :) we missed you at the party but I know how kids parties can wipe you out!
Post a Comment