Monday, July 28, 2008

Excerpts from my weekend...

My weekend started out great... I got my hair done on Friday afternoon, and finally actually like it again! Yeay!

Friday night we came across 'The Sandlot' on TV and couldn't draw Kade away from it. He has watched it 3 times this weekend. They said words like idiot and stupid and call each other names a lot - which I HATE, so we talked about how much hot sauce they must have gotten on their tongues when they got home! I think we are in the clear, because the only thing that seems to stand out to Kyla and Kade is when one little boy says to the other little boy: "Well, YOU throw like a GIRL!" LOL.

The weekend was full of crafts, tee-ball, scooters, crafts, tea parties, soccer, crafts, baking cakes, skateboards, crafts, mom's shoes clunking around on the hardwood floors, swimming "with no floaties", escalators in Target, Uncle TJ coming over, crafts, and conversations like these:

Robert: Kade ask mommy to go get us some donuts at the store
Me: I don't do that, that's Daddy's job.
Kade: Ya Dad, mommy's job is by the sink. NICE.

Kade: Throws something across the room that he isn't supposed to throw.
Robert: Kade, stop throwing things.
Kade: Throws again
Me: Kade! STOP throwing, go pick it up.
Kade: "NO" I don't want to.
Me: I don't care if you dont' want to, go pick it up.
Robert: Kade, don't tell your mom No, go pick it up
Kade: "NO" I don't want to.

Repeat about 20 times and add in lots of time out's a couple of spankings.

Kyla to me: Why do you love Jack more than us?
Me: I don't love Jack more than you, or Kade. I love you all the same.. do you want to have a tea party and paint your nails?
Kyla: YES! Thanks mom, I knew you loved me.

Me: Jack, ni-night. Get in bed.
Jack: No, Daddy, bye-bye.
Me: Put your head down on your pillow.
Jack: repeats: "Pillow?" then says: No, Daaaddddyyy - BYE BYE
Me: Close your eyes.
Jack: NO, flip flops, bye bye Daddy.
Me: ROBERT!

This happened Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, and Sunday night. He has turned into a Daddy's boy and wants to be by his side doing everything he does ALL the time. It's very cute. AND he's such a dare-devil.. last night he was standing on Robert's back and literally diving on to the carpet, like a belly flop and laughing. He'd get right back up and do it again.????

Ignore the clothes... this is how we dress when mommy is determined to get ALL of the laundry done. (o:


The craft table that has taken over my kitchen.


Our Tea Hats! ( Mine was actually a "train hat" she declared )


Jack licking the mixers from the Spice Cake Robert made! He's never had anything like that before!


Yet another activity that Kade wouldn't put down... he borrowed meme's razor scooter and declared himself "big like Aiden" because he can ride it now!

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Love the tea hats. Ruby LOVES playing tea, Abby like destroying the tea party:)

Unknown said...

OMG I can't believe he said Mommy's job is by the sink!! Trouble!