Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cute things Jack does.

Jack has really been testing me lately. He is becoming so aware of what he wants and what makes him happy, and let me tell you he is very particular VERY particular just like Kade. I was hoping that that he would have more of Kyla's easy traits than Kade's difficult traits, but it's really not looking like I'm going to get my wish.
He wont let me go. He wants me ALL the time. Aren't 9 months old supposed to do this then move on???? Of course I know it's a phase because 2 months ago he only wanted Robert and I couldn't hold him if my life depended on it.

So back to the cute things Jack does.

At 7:00 sharp every night, he grabs my hand and says; "Bath Mom" He loves his bath. Getting him out of the bath is another story all together. I have to lure him out with the thrill of putting on his own lotion.

He has to wear underwear like Kade, even though it's over his pull up. ( Jack peed in the toilet today for the first time! ) And he says underwear so cute....

He has to wear only shirts with a sports theme and preferrably a ball on them. That is why he's always wearing the same shirts over and over and over. Even though I have 1000 others in his closet. This is him showing off his baseball shirt. He'll say which he prefers for the day: baseball, football, soccer ball, or basketball.

This green one is by far his favorite though





He'll scream - MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM - until I find him and he gets this really cute flirty half smile, then say: " Hold me mom - *pause and grin* please."

He's starting to tattle tale. I know this shouldn't be cute, but I'm sorry - it just is. Because he's starting to keep up with the big kids and I'm not worried so much anymore I guess?

He likes to give noisy kisses all over my face, and he takes my hand and moves it where he wants me to rub on him.. ( my favorite - it cracks me up )

He loves to help with picking up trash, putting toys where they belong, and laundry.

He could sing all day long. Head shoulders Knees and Toes are his current favorite.

Things that are not so cute and why I feel 2.5 is the worst age:
He literally jumps up and down and waves his arms when he is throwing a screaming temper tantrum.
( Kade will just fall to the floor all dramatic like with just one quick outburst & Kyla well - she'll explain her reasons and her feelings for 10 minutes thinking she's convincing you so you'll also feel the same way as her.)
He needs to put all of his pants on himself.
He needs to pick out his own shirts ( notice, I've doubled this one! )
He doesn't understand these words: It's not time yet. Wait. After dinner. Just let me dry you off first. I'll put your shoes back on. You can have that back after ..... NONE of those register with him when he wants something.
The term: Stay in bed Jack and close your eyes - MEANS NOTHING to him.
Another term that means nothing to him - SHE HAD THAT TOY FIRST. This is a fun one!

Ok, I should have started with the negative ones first!

Anyone have anything obvious ones that I've clearly forgotten?

I love being a mom, I love being a mom, I love being a mom, I love being a mom, I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Jeana said...

OMG... that first picture he looks just like T.J.! Just remember, the good always out ways the bad... maybe not at that particular moment, but in the bigger picture:)

themonteleones said...

Please get rid of that live traffic feed.....nobody needs to know how often I check blogs!!!! Great pictures, he is getting so big!