Politics. I'm not political - I don't discuss politics because I think the Electoral College is b.s. and there is nothing I can do to change it. I don't complain about the results because I don't vote. ( whew, did some of yours heads just spin? LOL ) I will however vow to now register to vote in all forthcoming local elections and California propositions at minimum.
I'm not sure if I can manage to keep my own personal beliefs out of how I word this, but my intention is to try.
What's done is done. Both men's speeches were well spoken and intelligent. Both men want the country to progress out of it's current state. Is that not what is most important right now? Abortion, gay marriage, all of the things that are close to each person's heart will ALWAYS be a topic and will NEVER settle one way or the other. If it goes one way for 2 years, it will return with a big fight for the other direction 2 years later. The main focus should be on the big picture of the country and the freedoms that only our country has. Unity is the only thing that will pull us out of this mess. Fighting due to religious, sexual, race, political, and financial differences is a complete waste of breath and people's time.
I've never been so moved about this country as I was yesterday. I will remember it forever and I'm sure the same for many other people. NO matter your choice of the who the winner was to be this was America being America. It's fascinating and exciting at the same time. Did you know that more young people have voted in this election than any other time in history? Democrat or Republican, don't you think that is remarkable? Don't you think it was time for that?
Ok, I'm going to stop now before I get into my personal choices because that wasn't my intention. ( well - besides the voting thing!!!!!!!!! ooops!! LOL )
5 comments:
OK, now you of all people are borrowing my soapbox!!:) You noted the one thing I forgot to point out... the great voter turn-out! Hopefully this will set an example for many years to come!
I read that 1 out of every 10 voters this year was a first timer. Not just turning 18 and registering...nope, like middle aged people who finally voted. I can probably elaborate a bit more on who the first timers were but i'll let you figure it out.
From Don
I actually voted for the first time on Tuesday! I was very proud and excited to have done so.
I'm hoping that change will happen, it wont happen right away...but maybe soon.
Well said Shan. And I do agree - some of the issues are trivial and in the big scheme of things we are just plain fortunate to be where we are and to be American. Ultimately God is in control and we need to trust that and have faith in that.
I'm just glad you realized how important it is to vote and that you will register to vote. There is nothing more American than voting day:)
Post a Comment