Monday, March 9, 2009

Journal Entry / letter to my kids -

I haven't just typed my thoughts in a while, but I need some therapy and this is cheaper than a medical facility, a shrink, or even a gym membership!!! Since this is my baby book / journal I figure my kids need to see this some day.

Dear Kyla, Kade & Jack;
*There is something to cloning.
*I need to be cloned so each of you can have one of me - I am only 1 person and I can not magically be in three places at one time. Do not decide that you need me ONLY when one of your siblings has made it abundantly clear that they in-fact do need me.
*Your dad can do everything I can do - sometimes even better. I know what your thinking, but he just needs a little push sometimes. When I say: "mom's not home right now" That means go ask your dad.
*If you need me or want me for something, WALK up to me and ask me for what you need. DO NOT yell MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM from 4 rooms away and expect me to give you something that is 2 feet away from you. I will not do it. You"ll realize this soon I hope.
*You go to bed, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. This will not change tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day, or even next week. It was the same yesterday and the day before and last year. It doesn't hurt you, and trust me you don't miss out on anything after you have gone to bed because you go to bed so late, 99% of the time, your daddy and I are asleep ( if he isn't already sleeping! ) withing 5-10 minutes anyway.
*Do not say you hate each other, that you are not each other's friend, that you will not play with each other, and you do not want each other in your individual rooms. The fact that you have each other will get you through life. You'll find no greater love, connection, or friendship than the one you have together. You have built in play-mates - PLAY and enjoy!!! And no Kyla, I will not tell you how to spell; hate, do not want, or friend so you can give Kade a mean letter and think I wont know about it!
*If you liked brocolli yesterday, you should still like it today.
*When I leave the house, I WILL always come back. There is no need to cry like that.
*Whining is not an effective form of communication, you should know that by how it doesn't work to get you what you want.
*I do not love any one of you more than the other. I will however sometimes sit next to, play with, load into the car first, give something to them to carry, provide them with the first choice, the one that isn't screaming, throwing, hitting, yelling, or otherwise making me tense at that moment.
*Because your 2,3, & 4 - thats why - when you are older we'll talk about it.
*Meme would punish you if you did that at her house too - stop calling for her to "save" you when you are upset for being put in your room or in time out.
*Just don't hit and everything will be fine.
*I will not let you go play at that tree that is 100 feet away even though I can see you - and someday you will understand why.
*All forks, plates, cups, straws and spoons work the same. Trust me, they really do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
With that said;
*Please keep snuggling into my neck
*Please keep telling me you missed me when I only leave the house for 4 minutes
*I will forever hear your laughter, smell your scent, feel your soft skin and your cuddles, and keep every single good and difficult memory close to my heart for as long as I am breathing.

Love,
Mom.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw that was really good!! I hope you can print this stuff so they can read it someday - who knows if Blogs will exist in 10-20 years or if they will have some new magical electronic solution. You are not crazy to have those feelings at the top - sometimes I get overwhelmed with just Alex and the dogs. You are a good mom and a good wife and I'll bet in a few years when they're just a little bit older, there will be a lot more of the bottom categories and a lot less of the top!!

themonteleones said...

That was adorable! Made me laugh and tear up!!!

themonteleones said...

That was adorable! Made me laugh and tear up!!!

Anonymous said...

can you write a letter to my kids too?????

Jeana said...

I am still trying to get Abby to understand that "Mommy is just getting something out of the car. I am not leaving" No matter where she is in the house... if she hears the keys, she sprints to the front door and cries the entire 30 seconds it takes to get whatever. Ruby and Abby's new favorite word is MINE: even if neither one has anything. Us moms could go on for days:)))

Anonymous said...

Too Funny, Shannon

Cathy O said...

You got it all exactly!!!! I think I might copy this and send it around the Internet, I bet it would be forwarded like wildfire!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.