Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SO proud!!

I'm not even going to try to hide the fact that I'm about to do some bragging!!! (o:

My mom works so hard with all of her kids, and it pays off SO much!!

My kids really do go to preschool with the added benefit of having MeMe be the teacher. I'm so blessed by this. After seeing what Kyla does through out her day at her "real preschool" it makes me so proud to know that my kids do the same if not more already. It's complete with circle time, letter's of the week, colors, shapes, alphabet books, and on and on.

Kyla's teachers tell me everytime I see them that she's such a "big girl" and that she needs a pack to lead as she is a natural leader. I completely realize that this is also a nice way of saying she's a tad bossy and knows what she wants - but hey - if we can make sure we work on the bossy part of that, I'm totally cool with the rest!

My Jackie can count to 20, knows most all of his ABC's by sight, all of his colors, shapes ( even octagon and hexagon) can put puzzels together like a champ, and is starting to draw his own shapes now too! Oh and he keeps asking to go on the potty, but nothing is happening. I can't wait for summer because potty training in flip flops is much easier than tennis shoes!

Kade has been writing letters for awhile now using "ant tracks" but now he can write his own name with no help at all!!! He's much more bored than Kyla is at the learning stuff - but it only takes a short time for him to absorb what you are teaching him. And he sure can hit a baseball (slow pitch) we've lost a few over the roofs of the next door neighbors. Hopefully his attitude will improve so we can actually sign him up on a real team.

Here is a picture of his name:

I can't believe I'm only a couple of months away from them turning 3, 4, & 5! WOW time flies!

1 comment:

Becky said...

You post makes me smile. I'm so proud of your babies, and of you for getting this far in one piece. Isn't it funny when the things you want to happen so bad suddenly just start falling into place? PS, last TWO times we've hung out with Kade I've noticed a marked improvement on his attitude.