I was really sick for several days last week, and just started to feel functional on Friday so I took advantage of an Old Navy sale and the nice weather and went shopping and met Lots of friends and kids at the park.
I'm posting a picture of what I got at Old Navy because I still can't believe it. I got 2 pairs of jeans, 2 t-shirts, a tank top, a bathing suit, a pair of flip flops, 2 shirts for Robert and a pair of flip flops, and 4 shirts for the boys for $101!!!

We met Jeana, Kim, Kelly, Cheryl, and Becky with their kids at Mayfair Park - we actually had the toddler area all to ourselves for most of the time - thank goodness because our kids were everywhere riding scooters, playing catch with a baseball, digging, climbing, running, crying - at one point Jeana said: " let's see how many kids can cry at one time " This picture doesn't show them all, but I think it's funny to look at the different things going on. ( Notice the bucket on top of Ruby's head! and Trevors running feet way in the background)
This picture is funny because Jack and Camryn are just so cute together - I joke that they are going to get married one day. He is so rough with Kyla and Kade to see him gentle with Camryn makes me so happy. He in this picture, was "overseeing" her - even though Abby was being quite sweet. A minute before that he was standing between her and the other kids with his arms out to protect her....
Saturday I left Jack at home with Robert and me, mom, Kyla and Kade went to breakfast then to Target, then to the mall.... Kyla and Kade kept saying - geez mom, this sure is a lot of places we are going to. Tells you how often they get out huh?
Kyla wanted to go on the Carousel and Kade agreed to go on it, but only if he could sit on the bench - then after it started he said: "mom this is going way too slow, tell them to go faster!" Go figure.
This was before it started!
This was after it started and was going "too slow"
We got Kyla's Minnie Mouse costume, which she proceeded to wear ALL weekend and even napped in, as well as Kade's "Benny shirt" personalized. I asked him if he wanted it to say Beard or Kade and he chose Beard! You should see the little baseball pants and socks to go with it... SO cute!

Saturday evening Robert took Kyla with him to a work function, and I took the boys to Alin Party Supply to get some stuff - then we decided to meet at Island's in the Town Center for dinner. We NEVER do this at normal people's dinner time, especially on a Saturday night - but something got into us and we gave it a shot. We got lucky and got a great waiter and we were sat back in our own corner. The kids did great for the most part and the food was awesome! I'm so proud of us! They looked so big to me, all sitting on the same side of the table by themselves.
after we got home and settled for the night ( this being about 8:30 for us! ) Kade walked up to me and said AGAIN: Mom, I put something in my nose! GREAT! Robert was home this time, but still freaked out just as much as last time, but managed since it was round, to get it out with some tweazers that we bent out to be straight instead of using them as a pinching tool.
This is what was in his nose this time!
he's going to be the death of me!
Sunday ended good with a Cowboys win and a bbq with Becky, Randy and Camryn. We managed to duplicate the Field Greens salad that CPK makes... SO yummy. Jack and Camryn are going to be trouble later - they just followed each other around and it was almost like Jack was trying to impress her by showing off and creating ways for them to get into things they weren't supposed to!
I think Jack got in trouble here for doing something he wasn't supposed to and Camy was concerned!
my Sunday ended with me watching Desperate Housewives with only 1 child awake!!! An almost perfect ending to a great weekend!
1 comment:
Ruby only does the bench, too! How funny!
Post a Comment