The kids LOVE being at Aiden's house. I swear, it's like the whole house is a built in babysitter. Even Jack doesn't need me. They just adore Aiden and since they aren't there that often, it's like "new" to them each time I think?
TJ "snuck" in another shot for us - that's ok though right? I deserved it!



Then Robert and I met my friend Anissa at BJ's on Friday night - this included another Jaeger shot AND a pizza with PICKLEs on it. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!


You would have thought that after having some fun during the week that my kids would have punished me all weekend - but they didn't! It was a great weekend! I stayed in my PJ's all weekend, and we cleaned and played, and ate and played some more. I even got a nap in there. I have been keeping the kids up from their naps on Sundays to get them down early and easy to start the week out on a better note. It's going pretty good. Robert worked both days, but Sunday he had a side job so he took Kade with him and omg, Kade was SO proud and had so much to tell me when they got back (o: So cute!
Another great thing about the weekend is the never ending imagination that comes at this age. I was cleaning the kitchen and Kyla runs in and says: " MOM! Grab some quarters and hurry into the playroom, I have something to show you!" They created a store / garage sale! She said the best part about the store was that everything was the "low price of just one quarter!" She did clarify though that how the store works is that you have to bring every toy back after you've played with it "tomorrow" because they have to sell it again. She said it was kind of like a library in that way. hahahaha, I love it!
This is the "toy side" of the store

This is of course where the toys for the store are "supposed to go"
This is a picture of the "whole store" as Kyla calls it. One side is toys, one side is animals. ( and I've just noticed a robe! LOL )

Jack too has been making my life easier in one way ( not the lack of temper tantrum throwing like I was hoping for ) He is eating so many new things. He literally used to eat only about a dozen things and some of them included baby fruit. Now he will eat hot dogs, whole banana's, and try nearly everything you ask him too! Yeay. We all ate the exact same meal 3 times in 4 days.... it was wonderful!!
Kade has become such a big boy since he's been potty trained, he's changed in so many ways. His breakdowns are fewer and farther between now, and it's been so nice. A hilarious thing though - he pees ALL the time. He loves it now. He stands when he pees so he can be quicker I guess.. I don't know if he doesn't finish or what but sometimes he'll say: "I HAVE to pee!" like 4 times in 5 minutes, and sure enough, he'll pee. Well Sunday night he was very busy I guess and the kids all had chex mix in their cups in the playroom. The conversation that followed:
Kyla: Mom - Kade peed in my cup.
Mom: WHAT?
Kyla: Kade peed in my cup that had the chex mix in it!
Mom: Are you sure? Are you kidding?
Kyla: No mom, he really peed in the cup.
Robert: You better take a towel because there is no way he didn't get it on the carpet.
Kyla: There is NO way I'm eating that now.
I can not stop laughing at this point, and all attempts to discipline Kade fail miserably because there wasn't a drop on the carpet, and he looked at me like: "What?"
I caught him putting his penis in the top of a water bottle determined to fill it up with pee as well. Boy he's going to be fun to raise! Uh huh.
After going to bed peacefully on Sunday night, I got to also start my week out with this beautiful reminder about how lucky I am.







5 comments:
I love all the picts - those kiddos of yours are just precious!!! oh and BTW - I'm still laughing about the pee in the chex mix!! That is just great! (especially since it's yours that did that and not mine....this time) :o)
Looks like you guys had a great weekend!! I love hearing your stories!
Aw they are so cute! Kade is all boy. In fact, he's a rower in training! They pee in cups and water bottles out of necessity. (Other guys still do it, just for FUN instead of because they have to.)
I'm so glad things are starting to get a little easier for you. We all knew it would happen, its just that time doesn't go fast enough for us sometimes and we become very impatient. You have some new-found freedom and it looks like you found a way to celebrate already. Guess you don't hate jaeger afterall!
LMAO... Peed in the chex mix!! OMG.. that's awesome and HILARIOUS!!!
I love jager!!! yaay for shots!
Post a Comment