I'm sorry mommy friends, but I have to tell you that my kids are the best smelling kids on the planet.
I got my (monthly-yeay!! hidden message here) migraine finally last night / this morning and it was pretty bad. Robert had to go to my moms at 5:30 a.m. to get me a pill because I haven't refilled my prescription yet ( what a good hubby... thank god it's around the corner or I would have been out of luck I'm sure )
So last night I layed in bed with Kade because hey he was in his own bed and that was amazing, and he asked me to rub him and he allowed me to kiss his face and smell his neck at my leisure ( which never happens, he's normally very stingy with these types of things ) This was SO calming to me and made me forget about my headache.
Let me just mention that Jack slept until 8:00 a.m. today - he is my early riser so how great was that?!
Kyla came into bed about 7 a.m. and I got to snuggle my face into her neck and rub her cheeks while looking at how angelic she is when she is sleeping... again for a moment I forgot my headache. We've decided to tell her that she smells like Cinnamon Butterflies in order to get to snuggle her neck whenever we want. Seriously, there is something about her scent that is so perfect. Is that weird???
We do so much kissing and hugging that Jack has started to just randomly walk up to Kyla and Kade and just throw his arms around them and kiss their cheeks, smile and walk away. My heart melts every time. I need to get it on camera.
2 comments:
Yes, I know what you're talking about. It's like you can't get close enough no matter how close they are to you. Probably very annoying to our kids that just want to go play.
Don't ask Anthony about me and smelling. I love the girls breath, in fact, that is usually how I know they are getting sick - it smells funny. Pretty soon they will start school and begin to stink!!! I'm glad you had some good mommy moments!
Post a Comment