Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Spring!

I love spring time - it means summer is next.. and allows for so many more things. People are happier. I'm happier. It was mostly a good week.
Work sucked, it's horrible being here alone without Akemi. It's very quiet in general now and a different atmosphere with everyone wondering what's next. I guess we'll have to see.
The kids have had some great days. Kyla has gone to sleep in her bed 6 out of 7 days and has stayed there about the same. Kade has slept in his bed 5 out of 7 days and has started there 2 days even.
Jack has been very generous with his hugs and kisses as usual but I'm really excited because he is finally starting to show more and more age appropriate intrests. He can spend an hour with magna doodles and drawing now - I love it. He wouldn't even hold a crayon a month ago. He is climbing up the rock wall on our swing set and going down the big slide so quickly by himself that it seems like he's been doing it forever. He also is almost peddling a tricycle! ( thanks to meme working with him every day ) Now if he could just talk and be willing to eat with a spoon. ( OH and be willing to eat more than 5 options... that would be nice! )
Kade has all of a sudden become very fascinated with sports. Robert taught him how to kick the ball against the walls to have it come back to him instead of always having to wait for someone to play with him. He also has been working on dribbling a basketball more than 4 times and he throws the ball up in the air so Robert can do a lay-up, and gets so proud of himself.
Kyla has about 1 million scrapes and cuts up and down her legs you would think she was a boy. She's pretty clumsy, but tries so hard not to be! She went and pouted for about 15 minutes yesterday because she didn't know how to play soccer. She gave the big puppy dog eyes and was very sad that she didn't know how to play the game when we were all in the backyard doing various activities. ( I did 100 lunges back and forth across the yard and now I can't walk today..I'm thinking I did too many )
We usually bbq alone or with friends atleast 4 days a week when the weather is nice, and eat outside and watch the kids play - this house is even better for that than our last one - so we started last night with Becky and Randy and their little Camryn... now I can't wait to keep doing it. I'm going to dread the first rainfall that comes back this spring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanna BBQ!! It sounds like you've come to terms with your decision to move to the new house.