Sunday, March 23, 2008

The last few days...

Not very close up but I LOVE my handsome men!


Kyla and Aiden on Easter


Jack ( with his new hair or lack there of ) and meme.. how CUTE is he?!?


Showing off her new bathing suit and pool on Easter


Kade playing in Jack's aligator pool on Easter


Kyla at the zoo... roaring like a lion


So friday my mom calls me crying at 9:30 a.m. saying that Kyla has cracked her head open. Yes, this is what she said. I tell her to call Robert as he is a little closer than me and to call 911 if she thinks she needs to. She says she has her in the highchair so she doesn't faint and that she just can't get the gushing to stop. I leave work with an email with the subject written: "My daughter just cracked her head open, I have to go." Wwwelllll... I call back after I've left and it turns out that she may have been over exagerating just a bit. She has about a silver dollar size several layer scrape taken out of the top of her head, but no stitches necessary. My wonderful son Kade threw a metal motorcycle at her head - I was partially rushing home from work to make sure Robert didn't kill him with his bare hands. He didn't - we used horrible guilt and a 10 minute time out - I took the rest of the day off.
Saturday we went to the LA Zoo - THE DAY BEFORE EASTER. What were we thinking? So unbelievably crowded, very hot, and the zoo is set up horribly. We wandered and wandered and found no one that worked there for like 30 minutes at a time... AND it's all up hill. We had 4 very heavy kids ( Aiden and my mom came too ) pushing 2 at a time in double strollers. I sure got my work out for the day. It was a really great day dispite the inconveniences and we saw some really cute monkeys and got really close to the giraffes. My camera took a temporary dump before we saw all of the big animals, so I just have kid shots, but that's ok.
Sunday - HAPPY EASTER everyone, was also my mom's b-day. The Easter bunny got the kids pools and swimsuits and water guns and bubble stuff. We played in the pools and with bubbles until it was naptime - then everyone came over and we had a great dinner, of course opened a ton more stuff from meme and papa, and celebrated my moms birthday. Very good day. Kyla talked my mom into taking her again by manipulating her with lots and lots of tears and promises that she wont cry. She's such a sucker... I was saying no the whole time. I said don't call me at 11:00 if she doesn't want to stay, I would have rather just dealt with her unhappiness until she fell asleep!
My dad shaved Jack's hair off - at first I thought he looked like a cancer patient but now I absolutely love it. I hope it grows back better, because it sure wasn't in good shape before. He looked like an old man who was losing his hair before - now he looks like a big boy. I just love him - he is so giving with his kisses and hugs, this entire weekend he would just seek out Kyla and walk up to her for hugs... he must have hugged her 100 times. So cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love all the pics! Jack does look like a big boy with his new haircut. I am glad you all enjoyed your Easter!

themonteleones said...

Great pictures. We have been to the zoo a few times with the kids and it makes such a HUGE difference if the weather is cool. We have been in hot and cold and the cold was soooo much better. Although, who would have thought that it would be 90 degrees in March.