So it's final. I had to lay off my assistant today. So it's not bad enough that you have to tell someone that they are losing their job - but my company decides that they will put her final check in an envelope along with some other checks. It was to my attention, granted - BUT the other checks it was with are checks that Akemi requested for drivers and that she gets into every morning before I get here. They didn't even mark the envelope confidential! I get a call at 6:30 a.m. from her wondering if she is being terminated. Nice. When I got in an hour later, she couldn't stop crying until her sister picked her up an hour after that. How horrible must that have been for her?
I'm going to try to be positive about my job and the positive things that come with it, however I am keeping my eyes open and actively looking for something else. The thought of having to go back to doing what she was doing for me gives me horrible anxiety and makes my stomach hurt - especially for company that is $25k down PER DAY from last year. I feel like I need to protect myself before something else happens, even though the job I have is what keeps them having this business so it's pretty secure BUT they could get someone for 1/2 the price to do the same thing I'm sure... so you never know what they may have to do in the future.
Not a good feeling today.
On a good note, I updated most of my frames in the house with new pictures so that made me happy - I just need to get them on the wall now (o:
1 comment:
It is a really good thing that you get Margaritas tonight!!!
Post a Comment