Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Karma is a bitch.

We had a delicious St. Patty's day dinner of corned beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes and carrots ( my favorite ) at my house last night. My grandma came over to eat with us and see the house. Everything was great and what made the night even better was the decision of my mom and dad to take Kyla with them because she really wanted to go Sunday night but my mom had too much to do... Well Kyla tells Kade to ask if he can go too, and my mom says yes. ( It was SO sweet - she came in to me and said: " mom, I'm so excited Kade is coming too, I just love when he is with me." ) So off they both go. I was smiling and dancing around being silly and helping them take all of their stuff to the car - and my parents said they haven't seen me that happy in a long time. Well, here is where the Kharma comes in. I put a shiny tint thing on my hair and it's orange now ( at least that's what my crappy lighting made it look like ) and my phone rang at 11:00 p.m. YES, 11:00. My mom said Kyla is over tired and wont stop crying and begging me to come and get her. She's tried for AN HOUR to get her to stop. Seriously - what is wrong with my children that do not allow their bodies to shut down at normal times of the night??? So my mom says she's bringing her home. Well she pulls up and has them both because Kyla was keeping Kade awake and where Kyla goes, Kade goes.
Kyla walks straight into her room and gets in her bed under the covers and says: I just needed my bed and for you to be here mom. I felt like saying, well I just needed a good night's sleep! Kade was put into my bed so he could fall asleep with Robert but Robert's snoring was SO loud he couldn't fall asleep, so he comes walking down the hall way asking to "hold me?" We lay on the couch together and that wasn't enjoyable at all, so I tried to put him in his bed - I rubbed him for 10 minutes and he was STILL awake and woke up Jack when I tried to leave the room.
At this point, happiness and patience was not my main concern. I woke up Robert and told him to either sleep on the couch or put Kade on his chest until he falls asleep. Kade was still asking for me when I turned around and walked away... but he stopped about 20 seconds later - finally SLEEP.
Me... I'm on the couch again. Atleast I was alone.
I'm not even made about this whole adventure because I believe in Kharma. I should have never been so excited and a smart ass about my kids leaving for the night. I should have begged them to stay...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. Brady does the same thing, he begs to spend the night at my mom's, but then cries for hours for his mommy once it is time to go to sleep.

Jeana said...

Kids love routine. Every night if it's just not the same: bed, story, blanket, mommy, daddy, siblings... it just doesn't work. Trust me, I know it is so hard and stressful, but, one day we will be posting some sad story about how they don't want to be around us. Just remember: lack of sleep robs us of our patience and sanity!:) Hope you have a better night!

Anonymous said...

...unfortunately that part where they don't need/want us anymore comes way quicker than we think or are prepared for. It's hard to do when you are exhausted, but treasure that memory (of them wanting to come home) - one day very soon it is what will get you through.