So everything was going so well at my house last night. Becky brought Camryn over and my kids were so quiet and calm and happy. We both kept looking at each other in awe of the quietness that was my house - waiting for some big event to change this phenomenon. All continued well, Robert left to go help Marty with something and I proceeded to fix myself something to eat.... that's when the nice night ended:
Kade walks in and says calmly: "Mom, can you please take this out of my nose?" as a little trickle of blood starts dripping.
He kept putting his finger in there and sniffing, and I could see something shiny. I figured ok, no big deal I can see it so I can probably get it. I put some pepper under his nose and told him to look up at the light to try to get him to sneeze because he doesn't quite get the concept of blowing, he just sniffs. It didn't work and he sure didn't want to participate in that idea. So we stayed calm and I asked him to show me what it was. He very simply did ( it was a little tiny plastic tube part off of a car that broke while he was playing with it )
Ok, so we went in the bathroom and I nearly got it several times, but the tweezers just wouldn't keep a hold of it and every time I went in there it tickled him and made him sniff. I wont go into much more detail, but there was a lot involved.
Anyway - getting to the title of my post. Robert does NOT do well with crisis having to do with our children ( see a few posts back ) He's good with throw up and little scrapes etc.. but NOTHING else. He made the situation loads of fun by taking out his anxiety on me and questioning everything that I did or more accurately what he felt I didn't do. At one point he said I should have called an ambulance?!? Well I wont bore you with all of the details. He takes Kade to the ER and I have mom come over so I can follow with some stuff for Kade to do and his medical card. I get there and he instantly looks relieved and Kade immediately wants his mommy. I brought what was up his nose ( cause there is 2 of them, thankfully only 1 in his nose ) so I could show the doctor. His apology came in form of: " that was a good idea to bring it so the doctor could see." I just said: uh huh.
Well my baby boy needed his mommy and was so glad I was there. I got to hold him the whole time. They put us ahead of 7 other people and came in and took care of us immediately. Kade didn't even cry - but he wanted his mommy right when they were done and wanted to ride home with me instead of daddy too... yeay! It's always the other way around!
We got home and Kyla wanted to go with Meme of course, and you should have seen her face when Meme just said, "ok get your slippers." She stopped in her tracks like she was all thrown off from not having to argue her point of why she should get to go. So... I got to snuggle with Kade since Jack was in bed (o:
3 comments:
oh my gosh! I dread the day one of my kids get something stuck in their nose or anywhere else. I probably would have called 911. Good thing you were so calm and collected.
Last Easter Ruby put a bunch of small hard candies up her nose, luckily, she knew how to blow it. It is amazing what a small concept like blowing your nose is worth having. Also, I figured it was candy, at some point it would have melted, right? I'm so glad everything's ok!
I would have definitely panicked and probably called 911 too. I can't imagine.
Post a Comment