Thursday, June 19, 2008

And it continues...

Sorry these are so long and so much to read, I don't know how to shorten them.
I'm trying to drive the point home for my kids when they read these 5 years from now I guess!!

I'm trying mentally to make light of the sleeping situation, but I'm honestly really frustrated and just plain tired. I don't know why I'm surprised because nothing goes smoothing when raising 3 kids 12 months apart from each other - but I guess I thought I deserved a break.

Last night:
Kade asked me if he could spend the night at meme's house... well he didn't even have to ask twice before I called my mom and guilted her into taking him. Jack and I walked him over and I instantly felt more relaxed. ( He was being VERY bad and defiant and had already had 3 time outs in 1 hour )
Jack and Kyla played nicely - they colored and Kyla made her nightly cards for everyone. She writes: I love you ---- xoxo Kyla and puts stickers on them and puts them in envelopes... she has a little purse, bag, basket ( it changes daily ) that she carries her "supplies" around in!
Anyway..... I tried putting Jack down at 8:30 figuring he's GOT to be tired from sleeping only from 11:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. for the last 2 days - but NOPE, he's wide awake and not even entertaining the possibility of laying still.
I try again at 9:30 and decide that I'm tired enough to lay with him. Guess what... he falls asleep by 10:00 - I successfully leave the room. At this point I'm just thankful that it's an hour earlier than last night and crawl into my bed and fall asleep instantly.
10:35 - I hear knocking at a door. He knocks first to see if someone will open his door for him, obviously I don't. Then he messes with the door knob for a few minutes and gets the door open. WTH? I get out of bed and glance out of my room to see him contimplating whether or not he should leave his room, as he's opening and shutting his door by about 5 inches. He decides on shutting the door and I assume goes back into his bed. GOOD BOY. Finally sleep. ( I WISH )
10:45 he gets up AGAIN to actually decide he WILL go ahead and open the door all the way. He finds a transformer car on the floor and begins to play with it. I still stay nothing, hoping he'll go back in his room again. During this silence on my part, Robert decides that it's clearly the appropriate time to snore VERY loudly as an obvious reminder to Jack that mommy and daddy are here. I reluctantly and angrily get up and see my little man standing there with his head down and his arms up knowing he did something wrong.
The sleep finally comences with me and my son in his twin bed at 10:50 at night listening to lullabyes. I don't know who fell asleep first.
( Of course it was pointless at 11:30 when I woke up again from the discomfort to go back into my bed due to the outrageous noise coming out of my husband so I sleep on the couch. )
I'm just a ball of joy today.

5 comments:

Jeana said...

Put a lock on his door and a pillow on Rob's face:) OK, that's a little mean, but Anthony is a snorer, too, so I can definitely feel your pain on that one. I have on several occasions : leaned over him and yelled "BE QUIET!"... he doesn't like that very much:)

Becky said...

I'm at a loss for words. I'd walk straight out the front door and wander the dark streets in desperation. You may want to just pack your bags and move into Kade's bed until Jack settles in. Hmmm, that actually may work.

Unknown said...

Get those plastic door handley thingies on there, the plastic ones, so you can open his door but he can't while still not locking it! Then hopefully he will get bored enough to get in bed so he can let himself fall asleep.

Also, when Alex snores, I push him til he rolls over. He usually just starts up again but I don't mind hitting. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the door locks. They worked like a charm for Brady. Yes, they throw a fit, and will probably wake up your already sleeping child/children, but it only lasts a couple of days until they get the hint. Some people think it's mean to lock a child in a room, but I much rather know my child is in their room at night when I am sleeping-- it stressed me out so much before I had the lock- I pictured Brady getting out of bed when I was sleeping and going out the front door and roaming the streets in the middle of the night.

themonteleones said...

i HAD TO GET THOSE PLASTIC DOOR HANDLE THINGIES AND STILL USE THEM FOR TREVOR. HE THINKS THAT HE CAN'T OPEN HIS BEDROOM DOOR BECAUSE OF THOSE. I FELT HORRIBLE ABOUT IT BUT IT TRULY HAS BEEN A LIFE SAVER!