Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Kade!

My baby Kade at 2 wks old ( notice the black hair )


I cried and cried when we cut off his hair for the first time ( age 1 )


Kade enjoying the water age 2


My handsome handsome 3 yr old!!!



I just found a journal the other day that I wrote in when I found out I was pregnant with Kade. Needless to say we were not ready for another baby; not physically, mentally or financially. Through out my pregnancy much of my time was spent wondering how in the world is it possible to love another baby when I already have a perfect one at home that I'm still getting used to. I have to give all of my love to that one right? I finally admitted that I was feeling that way and got reassured that everyone goes through that a little bit and that I'll understand how it's possible as soon as it happens.
There are no words to describe the intense love that I felt when Kade was born. The birth was hell, they had to use the plunger thing to get him out, and I was miserable.. but the moment I saw him I could have done it all over again willingly. I cried like I've never cried before ( and I've cried a lot! ) Even now writing this, I can feel that love again and I'm eternally grateful for that.
I think Kade knew he was going to be a middle child before we even knew it. Our world has been "what about me?" when it comes to Kade ever since he's been here. He was colicy.. one day he cried for 9 hours straight, no naps! He has tummy issues, he wouldn't take a paci or his thumb, he throws HUGE fits, and has gone through hitting and biting stages, he is a lover and a fighter - and I think his brain doesn't know which one he is until it's happening.
Sometimes I feel like I'm raising his father from birth ( I'm 100% serious ) with the same addiction I have for Robert. I'm absolutely in love with Kade. I think he's gorgeous and soft and sweet, and confusing, and loving, and going to cause me stress for my entire life. I will always wish for him internal happiness and a feeling of love and comfort no matter where his life takes him.
In keeping with Kyla's b-day post.... 10 things about Kade:
1) He hates bread. Wont eat toast, sandwiches, bagels, cheeseburgers - but he will eat Pizza, French toast, pankcakes, quesidilla's, taquitos, and enchiritos... go figure??
2) He is the best helper ( when he wants to be ) he doesn't like things out of place and knows exactly where they go and if he's too lazy to put it there, he will still ask you to make sure you put it there.
3) He's very intense. VERY intense. If something upsets him at any given moment, it is like he's broken his arm or fell down 10 flights of stairs. Maybe he'll be an actor??
4) He has a teddy bear blanket that he sleeps with - he bundles it up under his belly and he sleeps with his butt in the air.
5) Kade's skin is softer than anything I have ever felt
6) He knows how much I love kisses and he's very very stingy with them.... saves them for when he wants something.
7) Can not accept anything without "one for Kyla" whether it be a prize at the store, a piece of gum, anything.
8) Loves tools and golfing and water. If he had golf clubs, water, and tools to play with, he would be happy all day with an occasional "will you play with me?"
9) I think he's starting to realize that Jack is almost as tall as him and it's bugging him a little bit.
10) He's very easy to punish and VERY easy to forgive!

3 comments:

Jeana said...

I totally remember his dark hair - how funny! He's so darling!

Anonymous said...

Kade is so lucky to have an awesome mom like you, Shannon. I can't wait to see how he grows in the next year. Happy B-day Kade!

ErinBW said...

What an insightful post Shan! Kade is lucky to have a mom who loves and appreciates him so much.