I know, I'm a horrible mom - but the thought of what it takes to prepare 3 kids for the beach was just overwhelming to me until now. TJ and I decided to just do it knowing how much fun the kids would have... and OMG they did! We got to Mother's Beach at 9:30 on Sunday morning and I have to say - that is the best time to go. Any later and it's just too crowded. We left about 11:30 due to heat and over-crowding -but that was perfect for our first trip! We spent so much time playing in various water sources since Friday night, that I don't think my kids had a proper bath since Thursday night!!! Uncle Randy and Auntie Becky came over Friday night for dinner, and Uncle Randy was so kind as to PUSH the kids down the slip and slide because they couldn't figure out how to jump on their belly and slide... I had already done it for an hour, so he is my hero! ( the slip and slide is perfect for crawlers by the way - Camryn was so cute, she just crawled back and forth over the little puddles that it created! Was it hot or what this weekend??
Don't you just want to eat her up??? She's so kissable!

Thank you Uncle Randy - you are the BEST!

Slip and slide fun... and a DIEGO slip and slide none the less!

Notice the cropping.. any motivation I had lost for crunches has been returned by the un-cropped version of this picture!!

My transparent Baby staying all covered up.. he was enamored with the openness

Look at me mom!!

Aiden running up for snacks

Kyla digging
5 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time. I know it is a lot of work to take kids to the beach when they are so little.
We went on Saturday and my girls LOVE it. Ruby would stay all day if she could, but dang it is a lot of work!
Seriously, I think my kids will be 12 before I feel ready to pack up for the beach! I'm proud of you!
Looks like fun! We used to go to Mother's Beach when we were little, too. Here in Treehuggerville, we don't have REAL beaches close by---I miss that about So Cal!
Yay Shannon! You did it. I remember just a few weeks ago we were giving you a hard time that you hadn't taken them to the beach yet and now you can cross that off your list :) It looks like you guys had a great weekend. And BTW, I am so jealous that your mom has a pool.
Post a Comment