Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Recap...

Weekends are just a blur by the time Monday morning rolls around aren't they??

Friday night I actually think I either ate something bad or was just fighting off something worse because I was really sick and couldn't snap out of a very lethargic, falling asleep, nauseous, muscles not working thing that made me worried about being with the kids. Robert had a horrible sinus headache and had to be up for work at 4:00 a.m. the next day, so my wonderful parents were so kind as to take all 3 kids at 8:45 at night and put them to bed at her house. I went to bed 10 minutes later and slept pretty good.

Saturday Robert went in to work and got sent home because I.T. forgot to set him up for the new program and no one was there to do it. We went and got some breakfast and picked up the kids by 8:30. We took the kids to run some errands and had a really nice morning. Lots of water play and a really nice LONG nap for all 5 of us consumed our Saturday.

Saturday night Kyla, mom, and I ( along with GiGi, Angie, Cierra, & Kendra )went to Serina's baby shower with her family - it was a beautiful shower, there must have been at least 50 people there and at least 100 gifts.... Me Kyla and GiGi didn't last past 8:45 because it got too cold and we all forgot sweaters ( how dumb, we even knew it was outside?! ) *** Oooh, I almost forgot - the city of Lakewood set off fireworks from City Hall at 9:00 and the kids all sat outside bundled up on our driveway to watch them, they were fascinated by the colors!! I can't wait until the 4th now (o:

The kids watching the fireworks from the driveway. I should have walked them to South St. but I was just too tired at the thought. ( bad mommy )


Everyone tells Cierra that she looks like me when I was her age.... oh to be 17 again!


Kyla won the big bottle of M&M's by guessing how many were in there ( Mommy may have helped a little )


Sunday I spent practically the whole day cleaning the house to get ready for Robert's mom and niece to visit for the week. Why is it that I can't keep my house that clean just on a daily basis? After naps I did take the kids to MeMe & Papa's jacuzzi for some much needed water play and relaxing.

Kade had a really bad weekend and it was a bit strange for me, he's always difficult but this was "different" I wish he could express his feelings better to explain to me what was so wrong. It made me very sad.

Re-reading this, I'm sorry it's kind of a boring post )o:

3 comments:

Cathy O said...

Not boring at all. And I know what you mean how frustrating and just plain sad it can be when are babies aren't happy. :(

Jeana said...

Sounds like a great weekend. BTW, let me know if you find the trick to keeping your house clean!!!!

Four Flights said...

Oh Shan your posts are never boring! I love hearing all the details, whether you think they're boring or not :) Besides, how could life ever be boring with 3 kids?!?!