Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Popsicles and hugs

Well I've all but given up on the sleeping issue.. I now lay with Jack until he falls asleep. Kyla goes to bed like a big girl and Kade either is in his bed or on the couch - whatever. I need some sleep and at this point I don't care how I get it right now. The good thing is that it's happening closer to 9 than to 10 and never 11 anymore ( at least not for the kids ) I think I slept in Jacks bed all night last night, but I'm so tired I'm not even sure I remember??? I'm being serious.

Now on to better things - Jack LOVES his sister Kyla. It's like she's a mini-me if I'm unavailable or something. He kisses her when she wakes up, he lays with her when she's on the couch, he walks up to her and asks for a hug when he's hurt or sad.
He's really starting to talk more and more and more too! He's definitely passed the 25 word goal for a 2 yr old and says about 3 new words each day... he "sings" about 5 different songs by using his own "words" and by humming, but they are totally in-tune and I know exactly what songs they are. I'm getting so very proud of him.

The kids all love popsicles - K & K both loved them when they were 11 months old, but Jack just a month ago has finally started to enjoy them. If I sit back and relax a little I realize it's actually quite cute at my house to have all 3 of my little ones doing the same thing together.

Nothing to do with the post, but it was just a very sweet moment in the middle of a very difficult week with Kade. ( Those are my knees by the way )


I love summer weather - it's so nice to not be inside for the majority of our evenings!




3 comments:

Jeana said...

OK, I'm a bad mom... I have maybe given Ruby a Popsicles 3 times and I have NEVER given Abby one. In this weather, I need to go get a box otter pops!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of the kids

Anonymous said...

I promise the day will come when you will look back with sweet joy in your heart over your "sleep problem" - you will be glad you had one.....and it will be over much too soon.