Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WHY? Seriously - WHY?

There isn't a title good enough to describe how I'm feeling right now.

I have gone to bed at 11:00 p.m. for the last 2 nights, not because I was engaged in some wonderful, light-hearted romantic comedy, not because I was reading a great book I couldn't put down, and not even because I was catching up on my US Magazines and having a glass of wine - it was because of my precious ( I have to tell myself that so I don't throw him in the trash ) " I AM 2 NOW " Jack.

Jack has turned 2 with a vengance. Everything up until that point has esentially been quite easy. He's always been happy, no discipline needed, a little behind on things which made much of my life easier, just generally easy going. Well - that almost all has ended. He's getting more and more real words out, but that doesn't stop him from thinking he can recite a novel. He doesn't quite sing correctly, but that doesn't stop him from humming his favorite tune. He doesn't say excuse me, when he wants your attention but that doesn't stop him from hitting you as hard as he can IN THE FACE. He throws tantrums and everything else he can lift - while giggling.

Last night and the night before he was tired, he wanted to sleep - but he wouldn't FALL ASLEEP. He kept getting up even though he was getting trouble. He kept laughing even though he knew he was being bad. After awhile he wanted to sleep, Robert and I took turns putting him back in his bed without talking to him, then we would hold him, then we would rub him, then we would lay with him. Each time he would literally fall asleep after barely being able to hold his eyes open - then we would move just a little and he would FREAK out. We let him cry, he learned how to open the door ( I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS ) he layed on the couch with us then again fell asleep, I tried to transfer him after 15 minutes of sleeping - he woke up. I told myself through out this whole process DO NOT PUT HIM IN YOUR BED. Well, guess what I did. I slept with my Jack in my bed last night. He has officially fallen into the bad routine that the previous kids did as well. DAMNIT!

OK, the thing I have to add to this story is that while I'm rubbing his head he pulls my head onto his belly and rubs my face and my hair. Robert didn't believe me but then saw it for himself.... you can't help but smile. AND he literally had a "HAHAHA, suckers!" look on his face when he got picked up after not being in his bed.

I'm actually wondering if there is something medically wrong with my boys. They were both in their beds tired at 9:00. Kade was up as well past 10:30 just talking to himself and singing. Kyla used to do that too. They don't even watch TV anymore - the run, jump, play, wrestle, and are very active in the evening so it's not for lack of burning energy. I'm at a loss.

HOW AM I EVER GOING TO WIN. Do I have to just wait this one out for another year?? Does age 2 = push your parents sleep paterns to the limit? I'm gonna lose my mind - what's left of it that is.

4 comments:

themonteleones said...

I swear that there is nothing worse than lack of sleep. Good luck tonight!

Unknown said...

NOT that the situation is funny BUT I thought this line was hilarious:
...it was because of my precious ( I have to tell myself that so I don't throw him in the trash ) " I AM 2 NOW " Jack.

Jeana said...

He'll snap out of it and for your sake, hopefully soon! I feel your pain! I hope you can get some sleep!

Anonymous said...

I always tell myself this saying when things are tough..."This too will pass." And it will, as with everything.