Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dance Party!

I joined Jeana and Kelly at Kim's house last night for their sometimes weekday routine of wearing the kids out and getting some adult time ( & mimosas, yeay! ) The kids played in the pools and had some snacks for outside time, then we went inside to the A/C and continued the play and Kim so kindly fed all of the kids dinner. After dinner we got to experience the "Dance Party" ( see Kim and Jeana's previous posts ) It was so inspiring, I actually took the time to get the video to work on my camera... cross your fingers it upload's here! Then Jeana chaced them around the most perfect "circle" ever. Kim has a hallway that is a small wall with a dining room table on the other side & this forms a perfect circle for children to chace each other around while screaming... They then played hide and seek in Kim's various rooms and pantry, and again screamed when found! I told Kim I was coming over every night if this meant my kids go to bed easily - because they had SUCH a great time with their friends. It's was so cute to see them really interact with the other kids. We've been hanging out as often as possible, but this time was different. They called each other by names, played together instead of my kids kind of observing the others, and were sad to have to leave. It's so cute - Trevor calls Kyla: "Ky-ya" I think everyone has gone through that stage and she even calls herself that when she's trying to get Jack to say her name because she knows it's easier. Being with them makes me feel SO normal in a life that I frequently feel like I'm struggling through. Thank you guys for that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, why wasn't I invited??? I love Ky-ya's dance moves on the ground. Isn't Kim's family room the best with the big open space!

Jeana said...

We had so much fun! They were so cute together. In the video did you notice that Kade goes over to Ruby in the corner and grabs her hand to join the dance?? I love it!

themonteleones said...

I was just telling Don how well the kids played together last night, it was nice! Ang- I swear it was a last minute decision, they didn't even come over until like 5!! Sorry I didn't call!

Four Flights said...

Okay I love that they are dancing to the Killers instead of the Wiggles!!!