Thursday, June 26, 2008

Well visits...

Kyla and Kade have their 3 and 4 yr old well visits today. I know I should be able to suck it up and do it myself, but if I have a willing helper to go with me, why in the world would I turn that down? I mean seriously, the thought of my "passionate" children watching each other get a shot and then only having 1 set of arms to console 2 children is too much for my fragile, tense brain at the moment.

My dad is going to go with me, love you dad!!!!

Last year Kyla actually did great, but if I have no help of course it will be the end of the world... if I have an extra heart and set of arms there, who knows, maybe she'll be brave again. Last year it was so cute - she geared herself up for the shot. She stood next to the table while they got the stuff ready, then with this determined look on her face she jumped up there and laid stiff as a board and proclaimed: "OK, I'm ready." She got her little shot and didn't even cry. I'm betting this year will not be that easy.

She has been pmsing ( as I've decided to call it ) for the last 3 days now. Any idea where she gets that from???????????



Yesterday she informed me that she 1. broker her arm and couldn't help clean up, 2. that she needed me so much because she couldn't stop crying, 3. that she was just too upset to eat anything other than her pasta and her salad. Fun stuff.

3 comments:

Becky said...

The look on her face definitely says "I'm your child". Live with it Shan, you created it! Seriously, I could almost see her as being your sister or something. Anytime you need an extra pair of hands for the well visits, if the best papa in the world isn't available, call me up.

Jeana said...

I know ALL about sensitive children! Good Luck... both Anthony and I went to her last well visit, and I couldn't look at her face, I held her legs and her toes curled as she screamed:( Solution: only the men should take them!

Unknown said...

Whoa! She PMSes AND eats pasta as comfort food!! She's all girl.