Monday, June 9, 2008

~ I have a lot to say today ~

First and foremost - my cousin Marybeth ( My dad's brother Dennis' daughter )was diagnosed with cervical cancer just last week. I want to put my arms around her and make it go away. We don't see each other but maybe 3 times a year if that, but that doesn't change the fact that I want to fix it. I'm so upset and can't even fathom how her husband, kids, mother, father, brothers, sister, and nieces must feel. I can't. If there is anything I could do to take away how that must feel I would. It's really getting to me and I can't seem to understand how this type of thing happens. I've never gone through something like this besides elderly sickness and I'm realizing that although I do not wish anything bad on anyone at all, the fact I haven't experienced it is definitely making reality of it hit my brain / heart hard.
Please send positive thoughts to her and her family.

Second, Kade threw up on his birthday. Poor little man. He had been "off" for the couple of days prior to and we celebrated the night before - which probably proved to be a bit much for him... ( or he and Jack had a little bug because he threw up the day before ) The good news is, that I ended up having to stay home from work and spent the entire day cuddling with my son.
( don't forget to look at my sweet man's b-day post.. which I couldn't do until 2 days late.. bad mommy!! )

Third, there has been no pee or sleeping in our own bed for Kade's 3rd birthday. I'm just way to tired to care anymore. It will happen when it happens. I'm lucky to brush my teeth right now.

Fourth, and I'm afraid I'm going to jinx myself - but... Jack slept in Kade's bed last night!! He cried when I put him in his crib ( which he never does ) so I layed with him on Kade's bed for a second and decided to see what would happen if I left the room with him there. Well - he cried out/whimpered for about 30 minutes and I went in there a few times telling him to put his head down and close his eyes.. and he did! He never got up and he slept "like a baby" Even this morning he woke up, and didn't get out of bed until I went into the room. I had NO plans of even attempting this until I had some energy and figured I would break Kade's bedtime habit and get Jack in a bed at the same time... I think I'm going to take the crib down to not allow myself to revert backwards. YEAY!

No comments: