I had the goal a month ago, of getting Kade potty trained and sleeping in his own bed by the time his 3rd birthday came ( June 6.. yes 2 days from now ) wwweellll - I have definitely not given it my all. I haven't probably even given it 20% effort to be honest. I'm exceptionally tired and just all around worn out and have been for several weeks now it seems. We do have some progress, strange progress, but still progress none the less.
Over the weekend Kade did pee in his Diego potty, or should I say part of his Diego potty. We sat on the potty while watching TV, then we moved the potty to the bathroom, then we put grass in the potty to "pretend" we were outside, then we put water in the potty to make bubbles, then we dumped the water and the grass out, then we put the potty on top of the big potty, then we went into the back yard (naked I might add.. him not me, lol!! ) to see if he could pee on the grass then I would sneak the bowl part of the potty under him to catch the pee. He was watering the grass because he's addicted to all things water, and I had the bowl under him wating for the pee to come out. He has had 2 cups of juice and we had been doing this now for atleast an hour. So he tries and tries by concentrating really hard, but nothing. He has been so patient, but he's ready to give up. He walks back towards the house and says, "I'm just done trying mommy." I say, ok come here, and on the way back to me still on the grass he says: "I'm just gonna pee on the grass" and starts to pee - I run over with the bowl and make a huge deal about it going in the bowl and how it doesn't hurt, etc.. etc.. That's our peeing success story so far.
Our sleeping success story is that he will fall asleep by himself on either couch and stay there all night long. He doesn't wake up, he doesn't want to come in our bed, he just wants the couch. At this point, I'll take it. It's not my bed so I don't care. Weird though huh? We've had atleast a whole week of no kids in our bed!!
Oh he tells me that he will 1) eat ketchup, but not ranch 2) go pee on the toilet and 3) sleep in his own bed when he's 3 and "bigger." We'll see.
P.S. I secretly CAN NOT wait to talk about him on my blog on his birthday!!! I love this thing.
2 comments:
Isn't it crazy the things we do just for a little success with our children? We should write a list of the strange things we do to potty train, get them to bed, off the bottle, off the paci, etc...:)
Happy Birthday Kade!!
Post a Comment