Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day !

Better late than never ( seems to be my motto these days! )

We had a very nice Father's Day... the first part of the day was normal, Robert went to get the kids donuts and we all just played all morning. I then tried to get the kids down for a nap and it was not happening. It would have been Jack's 1st nap in his big bed, IMPOSSIBLE, but I'll digress if I get started on that subject! Robert left while I was trying to do the naps to buy himself some t-shirts, and he only made it to Toys R Us because Kyla asked him to buy her something. He's been complaining for months that he has no new t-shirts and his free chance, he goes to Toys R Us. This is very typical of him though and I guess the ultimate statment of a father. He brought the kids home a blow up waterslide/pool thing to take to Uncle TJ's later for a BBQ. It was a huge success and the kids had a great time! The food was fantastic and it was nice to be somewhere other than our house (o:

To the love of my life - You have given me the most beautiful, wonderful, loving, precious, fascinating children I could have ever asked for. You've given me something I never thought I would have, and I will love you forever for that. Your children look up to you and want to be with you always. Your children need you and love your love. The softness that you can show them and your creative ways of getting them to understand and soothe them warms my heart and gives me peace. Your larger than life presence is very powerful, I hope that you provide guidance and success that you are always proud of! My love forever, xoxo

Kyla and Kade on Father's day

Robert and Jack on Father's day -


To my wonderful Dad - I get you. I understand you, and I love you. You have taught me more than I could fit on this page and I'm eternally grateful for that. You've given me a lot of your difficult personality traits, but at the same time that has helped me in so many ways. I love seeing you with my kids and the love that they have for you is unmeasurable. My wish for you in the upcoming year is to relax and play more~ you are the hardest working person I've ever met - All of my love xoxo
Papa and 3 of his 4 grandkids

My 2 Jack's


To my brother TJ - Aiden has made you the wonderful man you are today. You have raised an amazing little boy who I absolutely adore and couldn't imagine one day of my life without him being a part of. My kids LOVE their Uncle TJ and look up to their cousin Aiden so very much. You and Aiden have a huge affect on all of those around you - I am always bragging about what an amazing dad you are to your son. I can't wait to see you raise Gavin with all of the love and dedication you have given to Aiden. I love you!

Ignore Robert's face, he refused to look normal ( as usual! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, that was very sweet of you, acknowledging all the 'dads' in your life.

Jeana said...

Very touching, Shannon. Anthony has that same "I am not just going to smile for the camera" problem... it's always this quirky look.